
This year I have made a concerted effort to improve my physical condition. I enrolled in a "personal health and wellness" class for the semester that required 4 days of exercise per week. I also participated in a recreational basketball league, a couple different exercise classes, and even some weight lifting. I have also taken up the hobby of playing racquetball multiple times each week.
A week ago I ran in the Midnight 5K around campus. I was able to run the 3.1 mile course in 23:30. I was extremely proud of myself.
At the beginning of the semester, my 1.5 mile time was 16:02. I made a goal in January to be able to run the 1.5 miles in 12 minutes or less by the end of the semester. Yesterday I ran it in 11:43.
I have lost about 12-13 pounds this year and feel like I've improved SO much physically.
My goal is to run the 10K this summer here in Rexburg, a half-marathon within a year or so, and eventually run an entire marathon.
4/02/2009
My Progress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith."
~President Gordon B. Hinckley
~President Gordon B. Hinckley
No comments:
Post a Comment