8/01/2006

Monterrey (3 of 5)

Area: Monterrey & Tzununá
Zone: Retalhuleu
Dates: 2/22/06-8/8/06

Companions:
5. Cameron Ellis
6. Ricardo Aguilar

I served in my third area for six months. During that time, I really learned a lot from my companions and from others around me. I learned a lot about being a leader among my peers. I learned what it means to work hard and the blessings that come from obedience. I got to see many people humble themselves enough to make covenants with God. I learned that no matter how hard you try, everyone still has their moral agency and can choose to not make the necessary changes in their lives to follow Christ.

I witnessed a bunch of people who wanted to follow Christ into the waters of baptism. They were: Nidia, Nelson, Piedad, María, Nancy, Otto, Monica, Fernanda, Argentina, Anibal, and Randy.

After being transferred to my next area, I was informed that a few more people that I helped teach were baptized. A couple of them are: Irma and Arturo.

No comments:

"We know not all that lies ahead of us. We live in a world of uncertainty. For some, there will be great accomplishment. For others, disappointment. For some, much of rejoicing and gladness, good health, and gracious living. For others, perhaps sickness and a measure of sorrow. We do not know. But one thing we do know. Like the Polar Star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith."

~President Gordon B. Hinckley